I assume I won't want to be cooking every night after baby's arrival, but I also don't want to settle for bad takeaway or MSG-ridden pre-packed things. The Thermomix will be really handy to whip up meals later on, so I have tried to make some meals that I don't use the Thermomix for.
The slow-cooker (crock pot) has been amazingly helpful. I can make large quantities, I can do it early in the morning when I have the most energy and we get a feed for dinner as well. I generally have made dinner plus three extra serves for two.
So far, this is what I have made:
- Minestrone soup
- Lamb and vegetable soup
- Chicken, leek and mushroom meal base (I'll just serve with rice)
- Vegetable and beef pies
- Chorizo, kale and other vegetable soup
- Pumpkin soup
- Lasagne (with eggplant and zucchini etc.)
- Cranberry and currant cookies (these are frozen in logs)
- Choc chip cookies (these were frozen in an ice tray)
I realise there is a lot of soup, but that is mostly because we are going into Winter soon, and it is just so easy to reheat soup and add some bread!
I am feeling rather productive. Slowing down was necessary, however, as we have begun to run out of room in our chest freezer! I've filled it with too many meals!