Tuesday, 7 May 2013

Making Baby Wipes

Next in my crusade to make baby products from scratch was making baby wipes.


I had read some ideas on Pinterest that involved chopping a roll of paper towel in half and adding liquid, but I was concerned that the paper would deteriorate easily. Also, some paper towels are treated with bleaches and other harsh chemicals that I was not interested in putting on my baby.

I went for another of Wendyl Nissen's recipes, which uses only three ingredients; water, witch hazel and rosewater. This way, the wipes are antibacterial and antiseptic, but not harmful.

Instead of paper towel, I bought a big roll of Chux cloth. You can get big rolls from hardware stores, but they are also online (try eBay) if you can't find them elsewhere.


The Chux were a little big, so I cut each square into four.

The mixture smells lovely, and it was so easy to make them. Even as a time-poor mum, I'm sure I will be able to find time to throw those three ingredients together. I was also thinking that if I get really slack, I can just put the mixture into a spray bottle and have the Chux on hand.

So now I have made bath wash and baby wipes. Next up, I want to try to make an aloe vera cream. That one should be interesting!

Hope you're having a great week!



No comments:

Post a Comment